1) Mozart’s Coffee Roasters – 3825 Lake Austin Blvd. Click to see on Google Maps
From Mopac (Loop 1) take the Enfield Exit and go west on Enfield until it dead ends into Lake Austin Blvd. Mozart’s deck is an Austin favorite. The music and light show goes on until January 4, 2014. It plays at the top of each hour starting at 6 pm and ending at midnight.
2) Austin’s Trail of Lights, Zilker Tree and new Ferris Wheel Click to see on Google Maps
Austin’s Trail of Lights is back this year, bigger and better than ever. They added a Ferris Wheel! This is a “don’t miss” if you love Christmas lights. Open through December 21 each night from 7:00 – 10:00 pm. From Barton Creek Mall, drive north on Mopac (Loop 1), exit Barton Springs Rd. Follow Barton Springs Rd. as it curves right until you see the Zilker Park Tree. Follow signs to parking.
3) 37th Street Keep Austin Weird Extravaganza – Guadalupe & 37th St. Click to see on Google Maps
Guadalupe & 37th St. – From Mopac (Loop 1) take the 35th street exit and go east. 35th street turns into 38th street. Continue on 38th street until you get to Guadalupe. Turn right on Guadalupe and left on 37th street. Sadly, fewer and fewer homes are participating in the once over-the-top 37th street extravaganza but it is still worth driving over there.
4) Willis Littlefield’s Over-the-Top Charming House – 1611 West 12th Street Click to see on Google Maps
From Mopac (Loop 1) take the Enfield Exit and go east to West Lynn. Turn right on West Lynn. Turn right on 12th Street. Oftentimes Mr. Littlefield is in the yard to greet you as you drive by his charming home.
5) 1608 Woodlawn Blvd – Melting Blue and White Iceberg Click to see on Google Maps
From Mopac (Loop 1) take the Enfield Exit and go east a few short blocks. Pass Hartford which will be to your left. When you get to Woodlawn Blvd. turn left and look to your left for the creative iceberg/waterfall that drips on to the lawn – it’s magical.
6) 1606 Niles Road – Woodlawn Mansion (Pease Mansion) built in 1853 Click to see on Google Maps
This Greek Revival building is the centerpiece of the Old West Austin Historic District. From Mopac (Loop 1) take the Enfield Exit and go east. Pass Hartford on your left, then pass Woodlawn Blvd. and then turn left on Pease Rd. You canʼt miss the delicate blue and white Christmas lights that surround all sides of the mansion. They add a contemporary flair to this historic building.
7) 1329 Anna Court, Cedar Park – Multiple Houses/Cul-de-sac Click to see on Google Maps
North on 620 from 2222, turn left on Ridgeline Blvd right before you get to Lakeline Mall. Ridgeline Blvd dead ends into S. Lakeline Blvd. Go left. Right on Nelson Ranch Rd. and then right on Anna Court. More about this festive neighborhood: www.annacourt.com